This eCourse consists of two modules. Module 1 looks at algo trading in detail, with particular emphasis on how buy-side firms try to minimize market impact when executing orders and some of the execution algorithms used in that regard.
Module 2 focuses on the role of arbitrageurs and high frequency traders in today’s markets, examining how they use quantitative techniques and technology to interact with, influence, and profit from the market’s activities.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the key objectives of trade execution desks and the importance of transaction cost analysis (TCA) in assessing the performance of execution strategies
- Identify the key events in the evolution and development of algo trading
- Recognize some of the more popular trading algos used in the market
- Identify the different types of arbitrage strategy and the role of technology in implementing these strategies
- Recognize the difference between arbitrage and high frequency trading (HFT), as well as some of the strategies used by the HFT community
Module 1: Quantitative Trading - Algorithmic Trading
Topic 1: Execution Desks & Technology
Topic 2: Evolution & Development of Algo Trading
Topic 3: Execution Algorithms
Module 2: Quantitative Trading - Arbitrage & HFT
Topic 1: Arbitrage
Topic 2: High Frequency Trading (HFT)