This eCourse consists of two modules on corporate governance and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Corporate governance is concerned with the ways in which companies are managed and monitored to ensure that they act in ways that benefit shareholders and other stakeholders. Shareholders, management, the board of directors, and other stakeholders all have a role to play in ensuring that companies adhere to good corporate governance standards and practices. CSR is a management and strategic approach that focuses on sustainable development. Under the CSR framework, companies seek to make a positive contribution to the economy, society, and the environment. A broad range of factors have driven rising corporate interest in CSR, which can deliver many benefits for companies.
Module 1 provides a high-level overview of corporate governance and examines key issues, regulations, guidelines, and groups that play a role in implementing good corporate governance practices.
Module 2 provides a high-level overview of CSR and highlights the unique CSR considerations relevant to financial companies.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define corporate governance and recognize why it is needed
- Identify key theories of corporate governance
- List the benefits of good corporate governance
- Identify the role of the board of directors in corporate governance
- Name the key corporate governance issues facing companies
- Define corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Identify the key drivers of CSR adoption
- Name and define major frameworks and tools for CSR implementation, measurement, and reporting
- Identify the financial industry’s unique CSR requirements
Module 1: Corporate Governance
Topic 1: Corporate Governance Overview
Topic 2: Corporate Governance Guidelines
Topic 3: Boards of Directors
Topic 4: Key Corporate Governance Issues Today
Module 2: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Topic 1: CSR Overview
Topic 2: CSR Today
Topic 3: Implementation, Monitoring, & Measurement
Topic 4: CSR & The Financial Industry