This is Unit 4 of the training programme in pursuing the ''Trust Training Certificate".
It consists of two modules:
Module 7: Other Estate Planning / Succession Vehicles
Module 8: Trust Protection Issues
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
If the participant is intended to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate", he / she is required to take "TTC Unit 1: Introduction to Trusts" and "TTC Unit 2: Types of Trusts and When Appropriate" prior to attending this course.
Other Estate Planning/Succession Vehicles
1. Descriptions of the nature of
- Holding companies within trusts (cover prohibition on trusts as shareholders of HK companies)
- Insurance & ILIT (requirements re “insurability” and restrictions on changes to ILIT’s
- Prenuptial agreements
2. Uses and appropriateness in estate planning
Trust protection issues
- Third party creditors
- Marriage breakdown protection issues (recent court cases)
- Protection of accrued benefits, e.g. share plans & under MPF
Who Should Attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter into the Trust industry sector.