This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar that was held on 8 December 2021.
With the advent of blockchain and virtual assets, the old relationship has flipped from “Finance being supported by Tech” (FIN-TECH) to a new Paradigm of “Tech first, supported by Finance markets” (TECH-FIN).
By the end of this eSeminar, you will:
- Have an overview of the development of blockchain and bitcoin
- Know the latest developments of regulated BTC Futures ETF
- Understand the impact of smart contracts platforms on creating decentralised economies
Topic 1: Recent Institutional Adoption: Regulated ETF Futures BTC
- Compare holding BTC Spot vs. the ETF BTC futures trade.
- Why problems with futures basis, roll and trading limits make the ETF expensive to hold versus spot.
Topic 2: Trends and Strategies Long Term Investors Care About
- Show how Smart Contract Platforms are powering the New Decentralised Economy
- Stable Coins, DeFi , PTE Gaming, STO's, and influencing the infrastructure and pop-culture of tomorrow (Web 3.0, NFT's, the Metaverse)
- Show how VA hedging instruments can provide both attractive return opportunities and delivers lower market risk profile with increased market efficiency.
Who Should Attend
This course is primarily targeted at asset managers, brokers, traders and professional investors who may consider investing in virtual assets.
Instructor / Speaker
Additionally, Kevin has an established Fixed Income track record of advising institutional clients, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, corporates and private bank asset allocator advisors. He has worked with the largest and most recognized asset management companies, including PIMCO, Fidelity International, BNP Paribas, both in London and Hong Kong. He has experience of asset allocation, debt capital markets, focused on Global Bonds, Emerging Market Debt and Asia Credit.
Previously, he been a mentor to the Cyberport Incubator Fund and, both personally and through partnerships, helped FinTech start-ups with strategic advisory, route-to-market and technology development reviews.
Staff of Corporate Member: HKD200