This eCourse will be accessible until 26 November 2022.
This is Unit 18 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed based on the recorded webinar version of Unit 18 held on 15 April 2021. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in November 2022, you should ensure to read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 27: Some Commercial Uses of Trusts.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the structure and purpose of the various trusts (escrow, REITS, employee benefit, pre-IPO) and their uses
2. Identify the various parties to each of these trusts and explain what their role is
3. Explain and compare when these types of trusts are needed and would be a suitable vehicle for a client
4. List any key elements that must be present for these different types of trusts
5. List the advantages of Pre-IPO Founder trusts
6. Understand and explain the structure and tax implications of an employee share/option trust
Module 27: Some Commercial Uses of Trusts
This Module concentrates on trusts for broader commercial uses which include:
1. Trusts as escrow arrangements
2. Trusts to provide for security – “Quistclose Trusts”
3. Trusts for security in litigation
4. Business trusts
5. Real estate investment trusts (REITS)
6. Employee benefit and medical scheme trusts
7. Pre-IPO founder share trusts
8. Employee share / option plan trusts and their structure and tax implications
Who Should Attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / of those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.