In April 2018, HKEx introduced a new Chapter 18A (Biotech Companies) and GL92-18 (Suitability for Listing of Biotech Companies) to accommodate pre-revenue / pre-profit biotech companies seeking to list on the Main Board which fail to meet any of the financial tests under Rule 8.05.
To date, over twenty biotech stocks have listed under Chapter 18A. According to HKEx, Hong Kong has become the second largest biotech listing venue in the world in just less than two years. HKEx predicted that Hong Kong will be number one in five or ten years.
Given that IPO of biotech companies has been a very hot topic in the sponsor industry, this webinar will provide an up-to-date regulatory landscape of this area.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Know the listing requirements and how to determine a biotech company is ready for listing under Chapter 18A
1. The rationale for the introduction of Chapter 18A
2. The relevant rules, guidance letters and practice
3. How to determine a biotech company is ready for listing under Chapter 18A
4. Case studies for those biotech companies already listed
Who Should Attend
- Sponsors and IPO practitioners
- Corporate finance advisers
- Executives, senior management and company secretaries of biotech companies preparing for listing
- Asset and fund managers
- Investors who are interested in biotech companies
Instructor / Speaker
Daniel graduated from the University of Leicester, UK with a first class honours degree in law. He was admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong and the Supreme Court of England and Wales, respectively.
Daniel has taken part in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange's listing reform in 2018. During the consultation process Daniel represented 14 sponsor and other firms and a number of investment bankers to prepare and submit responses to the consultations.