In the financial services industry, working and competing ethically in the marketplace means that firms must maintain the highest level of integrity in all that they do. This is vital not just to your firm, but also to the communities in which your firm operates and the global economy.
Consumers’ trust in your firm and industry is fundamental to your firm’s success, employees’ job security and the shared future of your firm and its employees. The purpose of industry oversight and regulation is to ensure the soundness of the financial services industry, protect consumers from harm and foster consumer confidence in the industry.
The purpose of this course is to highlight the wide range of regulatory obligations placed upon the financial services sector as well as outlining some of the key compliance considerations for employees.
At the end of this Course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of regulation in the financial services industry
- Identify your main responsibilities under the regulatory regime
- Describe the importance of behaving ethically in all that you do
- List your key risk-management duties as an employee
- State when and how to escalate and report any concerns or potential conflicts
- The Importance of Compliance
- The Regulatory Environment
- Personal and Market Conduct
- Confidential Information
- Financial Crime
- Bribery and Corruption
- Conflict of Interest