This eSeminar is a recorded session of the ‘“Inflation in the advanced economies – are we returning to the 1970s?”’ webinar held on 3 August 2022.
In this eSeminar, Dr John Greenwood, a well-known monetary economist and famously known as the architect of Hong Kong’s currency peg, shared his unique perspective on the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent inflation. By analysing the recent cases of Inflations, he argued that the main cause for the phenomenon is the surge of money supply in advanced economies.
By the end of the eSeminar, you will be able to:
1. State the common explanations for inflation
2. Recall the recent cases of Inflation
3. Describe the outlook of the economy in the next few years
1. Explanations for inflation
2. Cases of previous inflations
3. Whether Inflation is “structural”
4. US or global recession – and when will it occur
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is interested in this topic.
Instructor / Speaker
Type 2 - Dealing in futures contracts
Type 3 - Leveraged foreign exchange trading
Type 4 - Advising on securities
Type 5 - Advising on futures contracts